Highly regarded as the book on the air interface of 3G cellular systems WCDMA for UMTS has again been fully revised and updated. The third edition now covers the key features of 3GPP Release 6 ensuring it remains the leading principal resource in this constantly progressing area.
By providing a deep understanding of the WCDMA air interface, the practical approach of this third edition will continue to appeal to operators, network and terminal manufacturers, service providers, university students and frequency regulators.
- Explains the key parts of the 3GPP/WCDMA standard
- Presents network dimensioning, coverage and capacity of WCDMA
- Introduces TDD and discusses its differences from FDD
Key third edition updates include:
- Covers the main 3GPP Release 6 updates
- Further enhances High Speed Downlink Packet Access (HSDPA) chapter with a number of new simulation results
- Explains High Speed Uplink Packet Access (HSUPA) study item
- Introduces the new services including their performance analysis : Push-to-Talk over Cellular (PoC), streaming, See What I See (SWIS) and multiplayer games
- Presents a number of new WCDMA field measurement results: capacity, end-to-end performance and handovers
- Includes completely updated antenna beamforming and multiuser detection sections featuring new simulation results
- Introduces TD-SCDMA and compares it to Release TDD
MORE FROM THIS COLLECTION