Arrives in 3-7 Business Days
Medicines from Animal Cell Culture focuses on the use of animal cell culture, which has been used to produce human and veterinary vaccines, interferon, monoclonal antibodies and genetically engineered products such as tPA and erythropoietin. It also addresses the recent dramatic expansion in cell-based therapies, including the use of live cells for tissue regeneration and the culture of stem cells.
Medicines from Animal Cell Culture:
- Provides comprehensive descriptions of methods for cell culture and nutrition as well as the technologies for the preservation and characterisation of both the cells and the derived products
- Describes the preparation of stem cells and others for use in cell-based therapies an area of burgeoning research
- Includes experimental examples to indicate expected results
- Covers regulatory issues from the UK, the EU and the USA and reviews how these are developing around the world
- Addresses the key issues of standardisation and validation with chapters on GLP and GMP for cell culture processes
Delivering insight into the exciting world of biological medicines and directions for further investigation into specific topics, Medicines from Animal Cell Culture is an essential resource for researchers and technicians at all levels using cell culture within the pharmaceutical, biotechnology and biomedical industries. It is of value to laboratory managers in these industries and to all those interested in this topic alike.
MORE FROM THIS COLLECTION