Written by leading experts in the field, the first edition of WCDMA for UMTS quickly became established as the best-selling and most highly respected book on the air interface of 3G cellular systems. Fully revised and updated the second edition now covers the key features of 3GPP Release '5 ensuring its position as the leading principal resource in this constantly progressing area.
Designed for multimedia communications, WCDMA will create numerous new business opportunities for manufacturers, operators, and content and applications providers. The second edition provides a deep understanding of the WCDMA air interface, its capabilities and its optimal usage - the key to success in the UMTS business, making this practical approach highly accessible to operators, network and terminal manufacturers, service providers, university students and frequency regulators.
- Explains the key parts of the 3GPP/WCDMA standard and the current status of UMTS licensing
- Presents network dimensioning and coverage and capacity for WCDMA including capacity upgrade paths and capacity per km2
- Introduces radio resource management algorithms and features inter-frequency hand-overs and inter-system hand-overs to GSM
- Examines the coverage and capacity of WCDMA up to 2Mbps using numerous simulation results and presents antenna diversity gain measurements in the WCDMA experimental system
- Introduces TDD and discusses its differences from FDD
- Discusses reference terminal classes
Key features of the 2nd edition include:
- New chapter on High Speed Downlink Packet Access, HSDPA
- New sections on IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS)
Expanded coverage of:
- TCP protocol over WCDMA packet channels
- Base station and mobile performance requirements
- WCDMA for the Americas - WCDMA1900
MORE FROM THIS COLLECTION