Mobile Communication Systems and Security arms readers with a thorough understanding of all major cellular air-interface technologies and their security layer techniques. Rhee covers the technological development of wireless mobile communications in compliance with each iterative generation up to 3G systems and beyond, with an emphasis on wireless security aspects. By progressing in a systematic manner, presenting the theory and practice of wireless mobile technologies along with various security problems, readers will gain an intimate sense of how mobile systems operate and how to address complex security issues.
- Written by a top expert in information security
- Details each generation of cellular technology
- Gives a clear understanding of wireless security protocol analysis
- Offers complete coverage of various protocols and specifications in 3GPPs
- Forecasts new features and promising technologies
- Presents numerical examples in each chapter for easier understanding
- Provides source code that can be used for individual practice
The book is ideal for advanced undergraduate and postgraduate students enrolled in courses such as Wireless Networking, Wireless Security, or Mobile Radio Communications. Practicing engineers in industry and research scientists can use the book as a reference to get reacquainted with mobile radio fundamentals or to gain deeper understanding of the security layer.
Access the source code and lecture materials at the companion website: (www.wiley.com/go/rhee)
MORE FROM THIS COLLECTION