Arrives in 3-7 Business Days
In late 2008, a book about the crisis in marketing called Branding Only Works on Cattle predicted:
- Burger King's creepy mascot wouldn't do anything: it has since lost share, got sued for wasting marketing funds, and its top marketer quit.
- Gap's heavy expenditures on charity couldn't keep its customers buying, and sure enough its sales sank as fast as every other retailer.
- Harley Davidson's mammoth brand value wouldn't help it sell bikes. It recently announced a 71% drop in profits on severely lagging sales.
- Corporate reputations have plummeted.
- Consumer loyalty is a thing of the past.
- Brands are increasingly unable to charge premium prices.
- Basing marketing on operational differences, not imagination and perceptions.
- Embracing true evangelists, not paid celebrities.
- Mapping campaigns the way video games are designed.
MORE FROM THIS COLLECTION