As analytical chemistry and biology move closer together, biologists are performing increasingly sophisticated analytical techniques on cells. Chemists are also turning to cells as a relevant and important sample to study newly developed methods. Practical Cell Analysis provides techniques, hints, and time-saving tips explaining what may be common knowledge to one field but are often hidden or unknown to another.
Within this practical guide:
- The procedures and protocols for cell separation, handling cells on a microscope and for using cells in microfluidic devices are presented.
- Elements of cell culture are taken and combined with the practical advice necessary to maintain a cell lab and to handle cells properly during an analysis
- The main chapters deal with the fundamentals and applied aspects of each technique, with one complete chapter focusing on statistical considerations of analyzing cells
- Many diagram-based protocols for some of the more common cell processes are included
- Chapter summaries and extensive tables are included so that key information can be looked up easily in the lab setting
Much like a good manual or cookbook this book is a useful, practical guide and a handy reference for all students, researchers and practitioners involved in cellular analysis.
MORE FROM THIS COLLECTION