Arrives in 3-7 Business Days
Explore the potential of mobile P2P networks
Mobile Peer to Peer (P2P): A Tutorial Guide discusses the potential of wireless communication among mobile devices forming mobile peer to peer networks. This book provides the basic programming skills required to set up wireless communication links between mobile devices, offering a guide to the development process of mobile peer to peer networks.
Divided into three sections, Part I briefly introduces the basics of wireless technologies, mobile architectures, and communication protocols. Detailed descriptions of Bluetooth, IEEE802.11, and cellular communication link are given and applied to potential communication architectures. Part II focuses on programming for individual wireless technologies, and gives an understanding of the programming environment for individual wireless technologies. In addition, Part III provides advanced examples for mobile peer to peer networks.
- Introduces the basics of short-range/wireless technologies (such as Bluetooth and IEEE 802.11 Wireless LAN), mobile architectures, and communication protocols
- Explains the basic programming environment and the basic wireless communication technologies such as Bluetooth, WiFi (IEEE802.11), and cellular communication examples
- Discusses the advancements in meshed networks, mobile social networks and cooperative networks
- Provides detailed examples of mobile peer to peer communication including, social mobile networking, cooperative wireless networking, network coding, and mobile gaming
- Includes an accompanying website containing programming examples as source code
Mobile Peer to Peer (P2P): A Tutorial Guideis an invaluable reference for advanced students on wireless/mobile communications courses, and researchers in various areas of mobile communications (mashups, social mobile networks, network coding, etc.) Undergraduate students and practitioners wishing to learn how to build mobile peer to peer networks will also find this book of interest.
MORE FROM THIS COLLECTION