Psychological Therapies for Adults with Intellectual Disabilities brings together contributions from leading proponents of psychological therapies for people with intellectual disabilities, which offer key information on the nature and prevalence of psychological and mental health problems, the delivery of treatment approaches, and the effectiveness of treatment.
- Offers a detailed guide to available therapies for adults with intellectual disabilities
- Includes case illustrations to demonstrate therapies in action
- Provides up-to-date coverage of current research in the field
- Puts forward a consideration of the wider contexts for psychological therapy including the relationship with social deprivation, general health, and the cost effectiveness of treatment
- Places individual interventions in the context of the persons immediate social network including families and carers
- Includes contributions from leading proponents from around the world
MORE FROM THIS COLLECTION