Now in its eighth edition, this popular introduction tackles the most recent trends in American politics and society through explanation, analyses, and interpretations of government processes adding valuable context for students by considering these procedures and developments from an international perspective.
- Fully updated to take account of the many recent developments in American politics and society exploring one of the most turbulent political arenas witnessed in decades
- Features new chapters on environmental politics and the Obama presidency
- Shifts its focus from the gap between public expectations and government performance to the increasingly divisive ideological climate of Americas political system
- Benefits from a student-friendly style and design with numerous illustrations and a range of helpful pedagogical features, including chronologies, biographies, and definition boxes highlighting key concepts and controversial issues
- Offers thought-provoking insights into the social background to contemporary politics in America, while fully embracing the latest developments and considering these from a non-U.S. perspective
MORE FROM THIS COLLECTION