Compiles 70 of the key terms most frequently used or discussed by authors of the Romantic period and most often deliberated by critics and literary historians of the era.
- Offers an indispensable resource for understanding the ideas and differing interpretations that shaped the Romantic period
- Includes keywords spanning Abolition and Allegory, through Madness and Monsters, to Vision and Vampires
- Features in-depth descriptions of each entrys direct meaning and connotations in relation to its usage and thought in literary culture
- Provides deep insights into the political, social, and cultural climate of one of the most expressive periods of Western literary history
- Draws on the authors extensive experience of teaching, lecturing, and writing on Romantic literature
MORE FROM THIS COLLECTION