Arrives in 3-7 Business Days
A new study of Shakespeares life and times, which illuminates our understanding and appreciation of his works.
- Combines an accessible fully historicised treatment of both the life and the plays, suited to both undergraduate and popular audiences
- Looks at 24 of the most significant plays and the sonnets through the lens of various aspects of Shakespeares life and historical environment
- Addresses four of the most significant issues that shaped Shakespeares career: education, religion, social status, and theatre
- Examines theatre as an institution and the literary environment of early modern London
- Explains and dispatches conspiracy theories about authorship
MORE FROM THIS COLLECTION