A Companion to Charles Dickens concentrates on the historical, ideological, and social forces that defined Dickenss world.
- Puts Dickenss work into its literary, historical, and social contexts
- Traces the development of Dickenss career as a journalist and novelist
- Includes original essays by leading Dickensian scholars on each of Dickenss fifteen novels
- Explores a broad range of topics, including criticisms of his novels, the use of history and law in his fiction, language, and the effect of political and social reform
- Examines Dickens's legacy and surveys the mass of secondary materials that has been generated in response and reverence to his writing
MORE FROM THIS COLLECTION