The Crime Fiction Handbook presents a comprehensive introduction to the origins, development, and cultural significance of the crime fiction genre, focusing mainly on American British, and Scandinavian texts.
- Provides an accessible and well-written introduction to the genre of crime fiction
- Moves with ease between a general overview of the genre and useful theoretical approaches
- Includes a close analysis of the key texts in the crime fiction tradition
- Identifies what makes crime fiction of such cultural importance and illuminates the social and political anxieties at its heart.
- Shows the similarities and differences between British, American, and Scandinavian crime fiction traditions
MORE FROM THIS COLLECTION