Widely acknowledged as the essential reference work for this period, this volume brings together more than 700 articles written by 150 top scholars that cover the people, places, activities, and creations of the Anglo-Saxons.
- The only reference work to cover the history, archaeology, arts, architecture, literatures, and languages of England from the Roman withdrawal to the Norman Conquest (c.450 1066 AD)
- Includes over 700 alphabetical entries written by 150 top scholars covering the people, places, activities, and creations of the Anglo-Saxons
- Updated and expanded with 40 brand-new entries and a new appendix detailing English Archbishops and Bishops, c.450-1066
- Accompanied by maps, line drawings, photos, a table of English Rulers, c.450-1066, and a headword index to facilitate searching
- An essential reference tool, both for specialists in the field, and for students looking for a thorough grounding in key topics of the period
MORE FROM THIS COLLECTION