Luther's Theology of the Cross represents a fully revised and updated edition of the classic 1985 text that expands on the author's ongoing research and reflects 25 years of Luther scholarship.
- Rewritten and expanded edition of a highly-acclaimed classic text
- Incorporates primary and secondary sources that have become available since the publication of the first edition
- Draws on advances in our understanding of the late medieval intellectual, cultural, and religious background of Luther's early development, and the nature of Luther's doctrine of justification (including the so-called 'Finnish' school), many of which have not yet been incorporated into Luther scholarship
- Luther's 'theological breakthrough' continues to be of central importance to Reformation Studies and the development of Protestantism
- Written by one of the world's leading Protestant theologians, who is an authority on the development of the doctrine of justification. His classic work Iustitia Dei: A History of the Christian Doctrine of Justification is now in its third edition (2005)
MORE FROM THIS COLLECTION