Arrives in 3-7 Business Days
Complete with fresh perspectives, and drawing on the latest scholarship and biographical sources, The Life of D. H. Lawrence spans the full range of his intellectual interests and creative output to offer new insights into Lawrences life, work, and legacy.
- Addresses his major works, but also lesser-known writings in different genres and his late paintings, in order to reassess the innovative, challenging, and subversive aspects of Lawrences personality and writing
- Incorporates newly-discovered sources, including correspondence, a manuscript written in 1923-4, new evidence for important influences on his major novels and two previously unpublished images of the author
- Emphasizes Lawrences gregarious nature, his desire to collaborate with others, and his adaptability to different social situations
- Pays particular attention to the many interactions with literary advisors, editors, agents, publishers, and printers that were required for him to work as a professional writer
- Combines new material with astute commentary to provide a nuanced understanding of one of the most prolific and controversial authors of the twentieth century
MORE FROM THIS COLLECTION